Thursday, September 13, 2007

how much soju do you drink?

I only have time for a quick note:

I had to get a physical for my new job today. Of course, you start with a questionnaire about your general health. There were numerous examples of bad English on this but the part that made me laugh out loud had to do with content.

In one episode of drinking how much do you usually drink?
A) less than half a bottle of soju B) one whole bottle of soju
C) one and a half bottles of soju D) two bottles of soju
E) more than the above

*soju is a Korean liquor similar to vodka.

Maybe you have to live here to really understand the soju culture here-- but the above gives you a good idea! Hahahaha....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, korean so like soju. But its alcohol content is not very high. In China, some white wine is surprisingly high, more than 56%.

In fact I cann't accept the alcoholic stimulus. But my husband enjoyed it very much. Whatever he happy or sad. I think it's cultural & habitual mixture.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
MacKensie's Korea Blog by MacKensie Cornelius is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.