Saturday, April 26, 2008

Buddha's Birthday

Sometimes I walk outside and it's like-- "smack" you're in Korea. Insulated in my little apartment I could be anywhere, but there's no question when I'm outside! I live in an older part of town so there are traditional style buildings on all of the streets. There is a traditional pharmacy near my house with all of the bizarre smells that it produces, and there is a woman selling whole fish on the street. Today, a drum team is practicing nearby for Buddha's birthday celebrations. It sounds really cool.

Lanterns are already up all over town-- I love it! You might remember that last year I participated in the Lantern Festival for Buddha's birthday. This year I'm just going to watch the parade. Allister will visit next weekend, which will be a four day weekend for me, so we plan on spending a lot of time out and about. Can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
MacKensie's Korea Blog by MacKensie Cornelius is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.